My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Sandra and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Season of Fresh Growth

Spring time has come.  I have watched the Bradford Pear tree behind my house with anticipation as the new spring growth began to appear.  At first there were tiny buds then these buds began to grow.  The growth was slow at first and gradually became a little fuller and larger.  Then suddenly as if overnight the buds burst forth into the most beautiful spectacular blossoms of spring.

Much like this new growth, God also gives us fresh seasons of growth.  Just when we think the winter season will never end, along comes springtime and suddenly we are in a new place with fresh growth in the Lord.  Sometimes the winter seems unbearable and we think we cannot stand another day but even in the winter season He is leading us through.  And just like the growth of spring, the teaching of the Lord is slow at first with small buds beginning to grow until we reach the appointed time and moment of full growth.
 
Song of Solomon 2:11-13 See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.13 The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment