My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Sandra and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Praise the Lord for Blessings


Do you realize all the things that the Lord provides His people?  We get so busy with day to day things that we take for granted what the Lord does for us.  We forget our blessings.  Take a moment and let's consider some of your blessings.  Read the following verse:

Psalm 103:1-5  Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.  Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me 3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.4 He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. 5 He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (NLT)

We are commanded to praise the Lord with our whole heart.  We are to praise Him because of who He is and what He has done.  Praise Him!  Praise Him just because of who He is.  When you praise, when you rejoice in the Lord, all else seems to diminish in importance.  Count your blessings.  Never forget the good things/the blessings God has provided.

Remember what He has done for you:
  1. He forgave you of all your sins. He saved you at Calvary from sin when you trusted and believed in Jesus.
  2. He heals all your diseases.  (You are made whole from sin.)
  3. He redeems you from death and hell by the blood of the Lamb of God and will live in eternity in the presence of God.
  4. He crowns you with love and tender mercy and you feel His love surrounding you and know of the mercy only He can grant.
  5. He fills your life with good things/blessings.  Even though you have materially nothing, you are blessed.  Take a look at the world around you-your family, the beauty of God's creation in the sunsets, flowers or the mountains.  He gives blessings to you.
  6. He renews our youth giving us strength to complete the tasks He has prepared for us in order to serve in His kingdom even when we are old.  Example: Billy Graham who still is serving the Lord at his advance age.
Praise the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, praise His Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment