My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Sandra and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Peace of God


"Let the peace of God rule in your heart" Colossians 3:15

This verse was given to me by the Lord on Tuesday morning before I knew my sister had died.  It is amazing how the Lord gives you just what you need-sometimes even before you know you need it. 
I woke up at 5:00 am this morning with everything on my mind and a mixture of different feelings-grief, sadness, memories of happier times, etc.  I remembered the verse above and realized that the first word in this verse is Let.  Let the peace of God rule in your heart.

My heavenly Father is there to provide peace for me but I must be willing to let Him provide it in my heart.  He is the only one who can provide that comfort but I make the choice to receive it. 

And then as I read my devotion for today, it confirmed what He was teaching me:

"It is the voice of my beloved! He knocks saying, "Open for me, my sister, my love." Song of Solomon 5:2

No comments:

Post a Comment