My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Sandra and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Crashed!

On a Monday night, my computer crashed.  It crashed at 5:00 pm.  How do I know the exact time?  I teach an online class at 8:00 pm and I was preparing for the class.  Panic set in.  I had to grab my trusty laptop and was very thankful I had already uploaded the files I was using for the lesson that night to the website.  It worked OK but just wasn't quite the same as my desktop.

It had been acting strange, taking a little longer than usual to boot up, download files, etc.  I did a virus check but I stopped it at 70% of my files with no reported viruses.  The virus checker checked 1.7M files with no viruses.  Even a MAC can only be pushed so far.

Yes, I am hard on computers. Ask the tech guys I worked with over the years. Even in the early days of computers, I pushed a computer to the limits.   I make and edit movies as well as doing photography so I need a computer that has a large hard drive and memory.

Life is like my experience with the computer.  We are comfortable with our life and expect nothing will change.  Comfortable with things around us.  Everything works the way it's suppose to and we are happy.  Then when we least expect it...crash! The old things are gone and the new must come.

Why does the Lord allow those kind of things to happen-the changes to take place? Perhaps, so we will grow and expand into areas He has already prepared but knew we would not do them while we depended on the old comfortable ways.  Perhaps it's so we will appreciate what we have and not become so complacent that we expect it to be the way we want it all the time.  Perhaps, it is to grow our faith in order that we will look to Him and not ourselves for the next step.

Change is never comfortable-never.  But He expects us to meet it with expectation of the new things He has prepared and to remember that we are not alone in the next step.  So whether or not it is an expected change or an unexpected one, He has already prepared the way and we can do all things through Him who gives us strength.

Philippians 4:11-13...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment