My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Sandra and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Be Strong and Courageous

"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:7-9
We as God's children are called to be "strong and courageous", obey God's Word, and do not turn to the right or the left in order to be prosperous and successful.  Being strong and courageous is not easy.  In fact sometimes we can be so full of fear that we can not take the next step forward.  But in these verses, God promises He will never leave you nor forsake you.  In fact, He commands us to not be terrified or discouraged because "He, the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go".

It is comforting to me to know that I worship a God who cares and loves me and He is with me every step I take.  Being strong and courageous then does not depend on me in my fleshly strength but depends on my trust in the living, risen Saviour Jesus Christ.
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment