My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Sandra and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page:

http://myjourneyoffaith.com

Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Image of the Invisible God



"He is the image of the invisible God"...  Colossians 1:15
I am the firstborn of my mother and through the years I have been told on numerous occasions that I look like her.  I admit that it is true and the older I get, the more the reflection in the mirror tells me so.

While you can see me in my physical body and Mother in hers, God is invisible.  How do we know what God looks like?  How do we know who He is?  How do we know His nature and His character?  There is only one way.  That is through the person of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is God in the flesh. God Himself took on flesh and was born as a baby.  He lived.  He walked among us as a human.  He died on a cross for my sins and yours.  He was buried in a tomb.  He rose from the dead.  He ascended into heaven and He is coming again!

How do we know what God looks like--look to Jesus and you will know.  How do I look to Jesus?  Open the Holy Bible and you will find a wealth of information about this God who became man.  This man who died on a cross for our sin.  This man who was with God and was God before the foundation of the world.  This man who was firstborn over all creation and the firstborn from the dead.

We do not know what Jesus looks like physically but we do know His character and His nature.  He himself said that He is the way, the truth and the life and no one can come to the Father but through Him.  He provided a way for the forgiveness of sin.  Won't you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior right now?
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

While physically I look like my mother, my greatest desire is to look like Jesus.  I can only do that through the power of His saving grace as I journey through this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment